Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Engine

Going into this ride I will admit to having had some concerns about whether I could stay healthy throughout the ride. I was particularly concerned about tendonitis and other overuse injuries to the knees and other lower joints. My plan was to do the ride in sections if I suffered any serious injury. I am happy to report that I feel great and had no significant joint problems. I also am fortunate to have had no problems with illness. I took vitamins daily, which probably offset some dietary deficiencies.

I managed to lose about 15 pounds over the course of the ride, but I think a lot of that weight loss is due to upper body strength. I am looking forward to getting back into swimming and redeveloping the upper body strength. And I am hoping that my legs will stay strong for skiing this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment