Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 7 - Alma, WI to La Crosse, WI (62 miles)

Another beautiful day in Wisconsin! Rode Wisconsin's Great River Road through several quaint old logging towns and the bucolic Great River Trail north of La Crosse. Also had the pleasure of meeting and riding part of the day with Amy, an experienced long distance touring cyclist who was making her way from Seattle to Ohio. After riding alone for hundreds of miles it was nice to have a riding companion and I appreciated her kind advice and encouragement. Frost warnings for southern Wisconsin and Iowa for the next 2 nights are causing me to take refuge in a motel tonight. Based on my chilly experience camping last night I think my tolerance for night time lows in a tent on this trip is 40 degrees!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment