Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 12 - Fulton, IL to Muscatine, IA (71 miles)

Staying in a very small, rustic campground just outside of Muscatine. The only people here are me and two tents full of a dozen Menonite women. They seem not to be concerned about things that trouble me like not being able to shower after riding 71 miles today or the fact that I can not charge my cell phone. I had another fun and interesting day on the road today. Got a private tour of the 100' windmill that the City of Fulton constructed on the bank of the River. They brought in a Dutch company to design and build it about 10 years ago. It is used to grind various grains and to promote tourism. I met Dr. Bruce Perry,an experienced touring cyclist in the Quad Cities. Bruce gave me a great guided tour through the area that included a stop at The River City Music Experience in Davenport. We also enjoyed a great lunch together Muscatineat Remember When Ice Cream in Hampton, IL. I am now in what was for many years before the advent of plastics considered the "button capital" of the world. More on that after I learn more about it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment